ASSESSMENT OF LEARNING OUTCOME
As the entire course is based on developing clinical skills, and are continuously assessed, those who lag are given additional help and guidance. They are also given additional clinical work to those who are poor performers. The faculties are encouraged to conduct surprise tests, viva to monitor the progress of the students. The feedbacks of the patients attended by the students are obtained, to ascertain if they treated them well and to their satisfaction. Student feedback of the confidence to practice all aspects of dentistry is obtained from them at the completion of their course.
Evaluating the academic performance and the feedback from the students and patients it is obvious that we are on the right path and we are achieving our course outcomes.
University result analysis- There is consistent increase in pass percentage over the years, with 99% pass percentage achieved by the regular batch students who appeared for the final year in august 2018 and 94% by the first and third years and 87 by the third year students.
So far out of 8 batch of students who have passed out many of the students have progressed to join PG , some have started their own practise, and some are working as consultants at hospitals, and some have gone abroad to do their further studies.
Course outcomes are made known to all the stake holders. The staffs work hard to achieve our goals. The result of these efforts of the staff and the management there has resulted in great success as proved by some of the achievements of the students given below
- 11 students have received Gold medals and University ranks since 2013
- Dr V DivyaNandhini has secured the all India 15th rank in the NEET 2017
- Dr Sai Subramaniam secured 114 rank in NEET 2016, and have joined MDS in Tamilnadu government dental college and
- Dr Pavithra Devi has joined the prestigious PG institute of Dental Sciences at Chandigarh.
- Our students have been selected quite often, as one of the best 10 students in India to receive the The Pierre Fauchard Academy International Senior Student award. Dr Nivedha Subramaniam received in 2013, Dr C Arun Kumar 2015, Ms V Saranya in 2017 and Dr Silambarasan in 2018 and Ms Subiksha in 2019 .
- Ms V Saranya also receives the Hari Prakash award for Prosthodontics, awarded by the IADR in 2017.
- In 2018, 147 students appeared and 70 students completed with distinction and Ms Aswini Chandra of Third BDS received the Gold Medal in Health Research Fundamentals conducted by NPTEL- National Institute of Epidemiology [NIE], Indian Council of Medical Research [ICMR]
- Ms.KrishangaSrivastave, Ms. S.Pavithra and Ms.A.M.Roshini won 1st place in the All Indian Student convention by Indian dental association at Bhubaneswar, Odisha FEB 9-10th 2018.
- Dr C Arun Kumar has 2 patents in his name and has 4 student publications in Dentistry
- Dr Chella Vignesh has 2 patents and 3 publications
- Dr Michael Bernard has 2 patents and 3 publications to his credit.
- Ms Sindhu has 5 publications to her credit.
- Tagore students stood first in Academic competitions in MIDAS - four consecutive years.
- Tagore students won the overall performance award in scientific presentation in Dental Artistry 2017
- Runners up in scientific presentation, Mokshaa - Illuminations 2017
- Runners up in scientific presentation Scope 2015 at Sathyabama College
- Runners up in scientific presentation Molaris 2016 at Saveetha dental college.
- MsDivya Mehta and Ms Deepika stood fourth at Elseiver quiz Competition conducted at Delhi.
- All India Table Clinic Competition conducted by Dentsply India and IDA in 2015 Ms Priyanka was placed 3rd for her innovative product.
- Srudhy R - Recieved The National Topper Award in the subject Public Health Dentistry.
- l3 RD South India Undergraduate Convention- MOKSHA conducted at Venkateswara Dental College on 25-26th March 2016 Won the DPL CHAMPIONSHIP in Cricket for the third consecutive year.
- TN MGR UNIVERSITY SPORTS COMPETITION conducted at Asan Memorial Dental College & Hospital 0n 8th -9th January 12,2016. CRICKET (MEN): WINNERS of the Tournament.