HOSTEL RULES & REGULATIONS
The principal vested with the powers to enforce rules and regulations from time to time and her decision shall be final in the interpretation of the rules and in all matters connected with the hostel.
- The students are advised to keep their rooms clean.
- In case of any damage or loss caused by the students the cost for the repair or replacement of fittings and furniture will be collected from them. If the responsibility cannot be fixed, the cost will be recovered from all the members collectively. In addition to the cost of damages, an equal amount of fine shall also be levied.
The students are liable to be shifted from one room to another if required.
- Students are not permitted to use any extra electrical gadgets in their rooms without prior permission of the warden.
- The students are advised not to keep money or valuables in their rooms. The hostel administration is not responsible for the property and valuables of the students in the rooms.
No student shall sub-let the room to anyone else or allow any guest to stay in the room.
- No visitors are allowed inside the hostel. Students are to meet their visitors only in the visiting rooms during visiting hours i.e. 4.00pm to 6.00pm during working days and between 10.00am to 6.00pm on holidays.
Students having unauthorized guests in their rooms are liable for expulsion and fine.
Local guardian’s photo is to be submitted to the deputy warden at the time of admitting the students in the hostel. The student shall be permitted to go out with the local guardian only on verification and permission of the deputy warden.
- An attendance register for the hostel students is maintained by the warden.
- Attendance shall be taken every day at 9.00p.m. Students are instructed to report on time failing which strict disciplinary action will be taken against them.
DISCIPLINARY ACTIONS & PUNISHMENTS:
- All students residing in the hostel are expected to maintain strict discipline
- Ragging in any form causing physical or emotional hardship to anyone is strictly prohibited. Any student found indulging in ragging will be expelled from the hostel at once.
No student will be allowed to stay outside the hostel after 9.00pm without prior permission of the warden. The hostel gates will be closed at 9.0pm and students are not allowed to enter after that.
- Students going out of the hostel for shopping etc can do so only on holidays and that too on their own risk. Those going out should get prior permission from the warden/ deputy warden in writing and return back to the hostel before 9:30pm.
- Going out for shopping etc on working days is strictly prohibited.
Students, who wish to spend the night out with their relatives or friends, must produce in advance a letter of authorization from their parents / guardians permitting them to do so. On no account should they leave the hostel before they are given permission by the warden.
- Students who go on vacation should inform in advance to the warden in writing, the time and date of departure and the place of destination.
- Any misconduct or indiscipline in the hostel/ canteen/ campus will be viewed seriously and those found guilty will be liable for expulsion from the hostel.
Any student found creating disciplinary problem mobilizing the students will be liable for expulsion from the hostel.
- Disfigurement of the hostel property and walls and damaging the hostel property in any manner are prohibited and strict disciplinary action will be taken on those found guilty.
- No student shall put up any notice on the notice board without the warden’s permission.
No student is permitted to collect money from other students on any account for any purpose without prior permission of the warden.
- No student is permitted to conduct/ participate in the birthday party or any other get together party within the hostel premises.
- Day scholars and class mates of the college should not be allowed in the hostel or room at any time.
Hostel students who are found to have their day scholar friends / classmates in the hostel / room are liable to be punished including expulsion from the hostel.
- Students should not stay in the hostel room during college working hours. If any student falls ill, the warden should be immediately informed and the student should be admitted in the hospital attached to the college and not allowed to stay in the room.
- No sick student is allowed to stay in the hostel for more than 24 hours
Students should not possess or consume narcotic drugs or liquor in the hostel or in the campus. Anyone found violating this rule will be expelled from the hostel.
- Gambling in any form is strictly prohibited in the hostel / campus.
- No student shall punish or scold or show disrespect towards any of the hostel/ canteen servants for any reason.
Any complaint regarding the amenities in the hostel should be made to the warden/ Principal. No student shall indulge in any form of strike whatsoever and if found shall be liable for punishment including expulsion from the hostel.
- The students should switch off the lights and fans before leaving their rooms and observe strict economy in energy consumption.
- The hostel authorities will not be held responsible for nay negligence on the part of the students.
The hostel authorities will inspect the rooms at any time and the students shall cooperate with them.
- A committee headed by the principal will examine the cases of indiscipline on the part of the members and the Principal decision will be the final and binding in all respects.
- Amendment of the rules and regulations of the college/ hostel issued from time to time should be adhered to by the students.
Ignorance of rules and regulations of the hostel will not be treated as an excuse.
ANTI – RAGGING MEASURES:
Ragging is: “any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness any other student, indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not do in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student”.
- Strict measures are taken by the management to make sure that no incidences of ragging occur inside the college premises and in the hostel.
- Ragging in any form causing physical or emotional hardship to anyone is strictly prohibited.
Any student found indulging in ragging will be expelled from the hostel at once.
- It is seen to that the first year students are segregated from the seniors in the hostel so as to avoid any incidence of ragging.
- The students can directly report incidents of ragging to the Principal or Vice-principals. The contact numbers of the Principal and Vice-Principals are displayed at various places inside the college campus and also in the hostel.
HOSTEL MESS RULES:
- Students who are given hostel accommodations are only permitted to have food from the hostel mess.
- No guest/ parent are allowed to take breakfast/ lunch/ dinner in the mess without paying.
Students should have their food only in the dining room and are not permitted to take the food to their rooms
- Students are requested not to waste the food.
- Students should not argue with the mess staffs regarding the quality of the food and must complain only to the warden or the Principal.
- Any change in the menu must be requested to the warden and the change can be brought over only after consultation with the Principal and the management.
7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
12:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Students are to meet their visitors only in the visiting rooms during visiting hours i.e. 4.00pm to 6.00pm during working days and between 10.00am to 6.00pm on holidays.
- No visitors are allowed inside the hostel without permission from the warden.
A register is maintained by the warden to make an entry of the visitors coming to the hostel.
- Visitors / Parents are not allowed to stay in the hostel.
- Parents (Mother – Girl’s hostel) will be allowed to stay in the hostel room for a day or two only after getting permission from the Principal.