A Student Council is a representative structure through which students in the institution can become involved in the affairs of the college, working in partnership with college management and staff and parents for the benefit of the institution and its students.Student’s council members are elected by the students themselves with representatives from all batches of students and headed by the senior most batches of students. Members of the Student council is elected by the students or nominated by the students. The council is elected at the beginning of every academic year. The Interns play a major role and leads the council. All the posts are assisted by the junior students. All the batch representatives are present in the council apart from the talented students in the field. They have a term of one year.
STUDENT COUNCIL ACTIVITIES:
- Planning for Intra and Inter College cultural and sports events.
- Participation with co- ordination of students in Conference and conventions at state and national levels.
- Conducting social programs, volunteering public programs and health check ups
- Student representative will voice the opinions of the student population pertaining to the conduct and organizing of such events.
- Funding is provided for the programs conducted through college.
- Look after discipline of college.
- Represent students grievances to the management
- Organising programs for the benefit and entertainment of students.
- Help college in prevention of ragging.
- Work in all committees of college and provide their feedback, grievances and their point of view.
The students are represented in the Student affairs committee, Anti-ragging committee, Gender Harassment committee, Cultural and sports committee, students’ feedback committee, Transport committee and NSS coordinators. They provide views and feedbacks during discussions.
The students are represented in following committees