- The academic year starts September of every year.
- A minimum of 4 written Internal assessment examinations shall be conducted in each subject during an academic year and the average marks of 3 best performances shall be taken into consideration for the award of internal assessment mark
- A minimum of three practical examinations shall be conducted in each subject during an academic year and an average of two best performances shall be taken for award of marks
The pattern of exam is yearly and not semester. The university examinations take place on 1st of August for the regular batch And 1st February for the additional batch students
INNOVATIONS IN EXAMINATIONS
Innovative examination procedures and process adopted by the departments areOpen book test
- Picture test
- X Ray test
- Diagram test
- Clinic based learning and discussion.
- Problem solving in clinical dentistry.
- MCQ’s test
- Google classroom- for receiving assignments from students.
- Problem based learning and evaluation
- Microscope based learning
The results are processed with Ms- Excel and the report sent to the administrative office for recording in the Students software and later sent to the parents.
The students are evaluated continuously throughout the year. The institution has a well programmed internal examination schedule that includes written, practical and clinical examination. Theoretical knowledge is evaluated by the 3 terminal exams, class tests, viva, open book test, picture test, MCQ test and seminar presentations. The practical or clinical evaluation is based on the number and quality of work done, viva in clinics, case discussion and assignments.
The student’s attitude, aptitude for the subject, interest shown in the subject in seminars and assignments are also taken into consideration while awarding the internal assessment marks. Student’s performance and participation in paper/ poster presentation, research or survey work, participation in awareness programs and competitions are also taken into consideration for evaluating internal assessment. Evaluation through Google classroom, multiple class tests, MCQ tests, Open book test, picture test and x ray tests have been introduced to add variety of evaluation. OSCE is being introduced this year.